Incorporating a glass tabletop into your home furnishings is a nice way to get a classic look without breaking the bank or having to get all new furniture. Go small with a glass coffee table or end table, or go big with a beautiful glass top dining room table. Whatever you choose, it’s important that you maintain its appearance, and remember that glass is a delicate material, meaning there’s more to caring for it than just wiping it down every now and then.
Check out these care tips for glass tabletops to avoid needing crack or chip repair in Laramie, WY:
- Place items down gently: Although most glass tabletops are pretty thick, they can still crack if the right spots are hit. Refrain from tossing items like books, bags, toys, magazines and cups on your glass tables. Instead, always set things down gently. Households new to owning a glass table may have to work at reminding each other to be careful.
- Don’t put too many things on it: Piling too many heavy items on glass topped dinner, coffee or side tables can cause them to crack, or even shatter. Set weighty loads like grocery bags, moving boxes and packed laptop bags down on the counter, not on glass tabletops. Tell your kids it’s important that they not throw their school backpacks on glass tables when they get home, and that they should never climb up on glass.
- Avoid certain objects: Glass tabletops with decorative displays are great for the aesthetics of a room, but glass damage is likely to occur without adequate protection. Think about the scratches that will be left behind after scooting objects with sharp edges or rough bases. And if heavy displays fall over, there’s a good chance your glass tabletop may need professional crack or chip repair in Laramie, WY.
- Keep away from busy areas: For the sake of physical safety and the condition of your glass, keep your glass tables away from high-traffic areas in your home or business. Tables placed in bad spots—like hallways, close to corners or next to main doors—can sustain damage and cause injury to hurried people who may run into them. If you’re lucky, you’ll get away with just a bruise. But crashing through the glass is going to result in more serious injuries.
- Clean glass regularly: Between fingerprints, water, food stains and dust, your transparent glass is quick to build up with unsightly grime. And because moisture rings from cups can leave stains, always use coasters! The only way you are going to banish a dirty appearance and keep your glass tabletops looking nice is by cleaning them on a regular basis. Simply use a streak-free window cleaner or a natural homemade solution every evening like clockwork to maintain the good condition of your tabletop glass.
Although following these care tips and more can help preserve your glass tabletops, nothing can prevent time from taking its toll. Whether it’s an old glass table that needs replacing or a newer surface that can benefit from crack or chip repair in Laramie, WY, your first call should be to the glass experts at Cowboy Glass LLC.