If you’re a shop owner looking for new ways to promote your business, then it’s time to turn your attention to those big windows. Storefront windows in Laramie, WY are prime real estate for promoting your products, services and sales. As space that often goes underutilized, don’t let your storefront windows fall short of showing off your merchandise this holiday season. So get to it, and deck those windows with boughs of holly!
- Select a theme: Don’t be chaotic with your window display. Before you start doing anything, decide what the theme or storyline is going to be—a special occasion, a specific sale, a holiday, your shop’s mission or something else. If you use window lettering, keep it short and don’t block out the visual part of the display.
- Stay away from the predictable: Refrain from using just a bunch of random products that you have in stock. This is the time to be creative if you want your business’ storefront windows to stand out! Strive to create an intriguing display that will make passersby do a double take, followed by marching heel-to-toe into your store.
- Don’t be a clutter bug: When it comes to business window displays, steer clear of cluttering things up with too much stuff. If you want to make sure your display doesn’t look like a third grader’s last-minute Christmas diorama project, step back and analyze it with a second set of eyes. Make “clean and simple” your decorating motto and you will do just fine.
- Include strong colors and shapes: Most people are visual and drawn to things that are bright and shiny. Take advantage of this by showcasing bold colors and shapes in your window theme.
- Light it up: If your window is dark, then nobody will see it. You can really benefit from a good set of spotlights to highlight storefront window displays. Choosing spotlights over regular hanging ones means you can direct the light where you want it. You’ll get that perfect light angle on products, unlike hanging bulbs which have the tendency to cast shadows. As a bonus, leave spotlights on at night so people will still notice your business.
Since it’s the holiday season, it’s a fantastic idea to create a winter holiday themed storefront window. Some simple ideas for constructing an eye-catching display include using the silhouette cutout of a pine or birch tree, a few ornamental birds and other forest creatures and selecting large decorative and bold color ornaments, as well as scattering some faux snow, using simple blue and white paper snowflakes and holiday shaped candles. Don’t forget to include a few of your shop’s products to shine the spotlights on.
Decorating your store’s windows is not only a great way to express your festive side, but also has the potential to draw in new customers. Does this sound like something you might want to do this year? Before creating your winter holiday themed storefront windows in Laramie, WY this season, contact Cowboy Glass LLC for any needed glass repair, window maintenance and glass installation services.