Residential windows in Laramie, WY are the eyes to your home, and they also affect energy retention and drafts. If you find your windows are unattractive, drafty and less serviceable, it is likely time to replace them. You may be worried about costs, but the new windows available will make up for what you spend on their installation. These are the five signs that it is probably time for an upgrade:
- Relentless, never-ending maintenance: What do you do during your weekends? Are you enjoying family time, going out with friends or indulging in hobbies—or is there another plan to pick up parts for yet another window repair? If your windows take up a majority of your home maintenance efforts, they likely require replacement. Old windows lose latches, get stuck and develop cracks. Rather than performing the piecemeal spending of constant maintenance, invest in new windows instead.
- Your windows look awful: When that black trim is not a paint job, but is actually mold and mildew, that is just one of the appearance compromisers common in old windows. The frames will also warp and swell, making windows look worse and leaving them difficult to open and close. They not only look terrible but they are becoming a safety hazard, too. You will be happier just replacing them.
- Drafts: No one will want to sit near a window because of the cold drafts. Besides contributing to human discomfort, drafts also cause uneven room temperatures, which stress your HVAC system, rewarding you with higher utility bills. In the summer, the cold drafts are replaced with hot air. With the new energy efficient options on the market, you can stop suffering these drafts.
- Condensation: Uneven temperatures from the drafts also form condensation. The warm wet air in the room comes into contact with the cool dry air, leaving beaded moisture on the glass. This is a sign that cold air is leaking into your home. Also, the added moisture adds more fuel for growing mold and mildew.
- Windows stick or fail to stay open: Even older windows should be easy to open and close when they are in good condition. When you do open them, they can stay that way without anything propping them up. Once this is no longer the case, it’s likely a sign of warped frames. There is no way to repair this issue, so your only option to have functional windows is to replace them.
With the options currently on the market, your new windows will pay for themselves with energy efficiency. They are better insulated than even 10 years ago, and you will see the difference on your utility bill. New windows are also a good investment for increasing your home’s value. If your home is on the market and you want to sell it fast, replace the windows and secure your asking price!
Cowboy Glass LLC can replace your residential windows in Laramie, WY with new efficient models. Contact us today to learn more about our home window services.