A bathroom is more than just a room that fulfills a certain function. It should also be an oasis, a place to refresh every morning and relax each night. When designed the right way, a bathroom is a great place to begin and end each day. There are many elements that go into turning a humdrum bathroom into a unique and welcoming space, from the tile to the shower fixtures. One important element that should not be overlooked is custom mirrors in Laramie, WY.
As a business that creates and installs custom mirrors in Laramie, WY, we have firsthand knowledge of the powerful way mirrors can transform, enhance or add to a space’s overall design. Here is a look at some different design elements to help incorporate your custom mirrors into your bathroom’s overall functionality and aesthetic appeal.
- Match the wallpaper: Wallpaper spent the last decade or so being considered tacky and old fashioned, but fortunately, it’s in the process of coming back in a big way. This is great, because tastefully selected wallpaper can increase the formality and uniqueness of your bathroom. If you want to be ahead of the curve, pair some simple wallpaper with a big, simple custom mirror in a geometrical shape that complements that wallpaper’s print. For example, if your wallpaper has an octagonal pattern, place an octagonal mirror on top of it.
- Create illusions: As we have mentioned previously in this space, mirrors are great for making a bathroom appear larger. If you have a cramped guest bathroom but still want to impress visitors, place a custom mirror on one side of your bathtub to increase its visual length. This little trick can also serve you well in any room of the house.
- Add lighting: A custom bathroom mirror can have many different design uses, but at the end of the day, its purpose is much more straightforward: you need it to make sure your appearance is appropriate for the day. One way to bump up a mirror’s look and increase its functionality is to add LED lighting around its frame, or even insert it behind the mirror glass.
- Vary shapes: Many couples enjoy having double vanities and double sinks in their bathrooms, so that each person can comfortably get ready for the day at the same time. One way to mix up your bathroom’s look is to use different shapes for each of the two mirrors. The material and basic look of the mirrors should be the same, but having one rectangular mirror and one circular one will give your bathroom the look of a modern art gallery.
- Go industrial: A big trend in commercial design right now is the industrial look, and we are starting to see that style pop up in residential design as well. If you want to experiment with this trend, the bathroom is a good place to start. Invest in hardwood floors, distressed metal fixtures and simple, utilitarian frameless shower doors. A great big custom mirror with a bronze, copper or distressed wooden frame can serve as the perfect focal point of the room.
For more ideas for custom mirrors in Laramie, WY, visit Cowboy Glass today!