If you’re in the market for new home windows in Laramie, WY, you’re likely wondering how to choose the best contractor for the job. Sure, there are plenty of glass companies out there, but how can you be sure you’re picking one that’s trustworthy, hardworking and consistent?
There’s no guaranteed way to ensure a business you’re hiring for the first time will live up to its promises. But there are several different things you can do to narrow down your search and increase your chances of hiring a quality glass company. New home windows in Laramie, WY are a big purchase, so you should feel as confident about your glass company as possible. Read on to find out how you can achieve that confidence.
- Choose a quality product: Before you can hire a window contractor, you need to decide which brand and type of home windows in Laramie, WY you want to install. Most window contractors tend to specialize in one or a couple different brands or styles, so knowing what you want will go a long way toward narrowing down your search. Also keep in mind that subpar contractors usually install cheap products, and quality products tend to be installed by quality contractors.
- Request bids: A bid is more than just an estimated price. A proper bid includes timing, labor and material costs, and terms of payment. To get a good idea of the possible price range of different options, you should request bids from at least three different contractors before selecting one. That way, you can be confident you aren’t being duped or mistreated by your contractor.
- Know your warranty: Most windows come with a warranty of around 10 years, and most contractors offer work warranties of two to three years. That means that if something goes wrong before that time is up, you should be able to count on your window contractor to fix it without charging you. Make sure you know the exact terms of a warranty before signing anything, and feel free to ask your contractor for clarification.
- Know whom to trust: Recommendations can go a long way in helping you pick the right contractor, but not all recommendations are created equal. Testimonials on a contractor’s website obviously will only tell one side of a story, and third party online reviews could have hidden motives. The best recommendations usually come from trusted friends, neighbors and family members. If you know someone who recently had windows installed, start there for a recommendation.
- Verify the license and insurance: By no means should you ever do business with any type of contractor that is not properly licensed and insured. That doesn’t mean you should just take the contractor’s word for it; request documentation of both insurance and certification before hiring anyone.
- Consider age: If you’ve narrowed your options down to a couple strong contenders, looking at how long the company has been around, and whether it’s local to the area, is a good way to break a tie. Age and locality can be strong indicators of both quality work and friendly service.
To learn more about how Cowboy Glass LLC can help you have the new home windows you’ve been dreaming about, give us a call today.